Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Flamingoes

Flamingoes
zara shirt / h&m skirt & bag / topshop sunglasses / charlotte olympia shoes

Right after continuous rainstorms for two weeks, we are hit by excruciating heatwaves now. The change wasn't a gradual one. It happened overnight. It's as if someone up there had flipped the rainstorm switch off and turned the heatwave switch on. Madness!

Right at where I stood in the photo, I was bitten by three mosquitoes! I was wearing insect repellent!! I would have been eaten alive by the mosquitoes if I had forgotten my insect repellent. Forget high-end perfumes in fancy bottles. My summer scent is always a blend of rosemary, lemongrass & citronella oil as the mosquitoes in Hong Kong simply couldn't resist my blood. My husband didn't wear any insect repellent and he had zero mosquito bite. Case in point.

I am starting to think that mosquitoes can actually smell out individuals who are allergic to their bites and then zero in on them. Nasty little villains.

Flamingoes

Flamingoes

Flamingoes

Flamingoes

5 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! And the yellow top is a nice contrast! :)

    Looking great! :)

    Geekette in High Heels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blouse, especially the back! Mosquitos are real gourmets, I have a friend who gets a gazillion bites and I am left untouched. =D Just find somebody who is even more tasty and always bring them along, haha. My mum swears by home-made repellent from cloves left for two weeks or so in ethanol to extract the anti-mosquito compounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm one of those super unlucky one who is always attacked by mosquitoes & they swell to as big as tennis balls! there were 30 odds people at my nephew's birthday party at a chalet, and i was the only person who got bitten. i would love to try your mum's home-made repellent but i'm allergic to alcohol. xoxo

      Delete