Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見
Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

This wasn't one of my planned outfit for hanami. It was supposed to be raining according to the weather forecast so I dressed for yet another day of shopping & eating. But the weather held up well with slight overcast. Thus we decided to try our luck at Ueno Park to see if we could find any sakura since Ueno Park was deemed to be an early bloomer for sakura. We were exhilaterated, or at least I was, when I saw a mass of pinkness the moment I stepped into the park! It was more beautiful than I expected!!

Nothing could rival sakura. They awaken from the long winter slumber and BOOMZ! trees filled with nothing but gorgeous flowers. Not a single green leaf, only flowers and more pretty flowers. The leaves only appear after the sakura trees have reached full bloom thus gives the trees an attractive, homogeneous look while they are in full bloom. A friend commented on my fb that "if only human's hearts could open like sakura". How true.

I was in awe and got a little obsessed (understatement of the year). I took like a gazillion photos of sakura during my 2 weeks in Tokyo!! This oversized acid wash denim jacket came in really handy with 2 large pockets! I kept my iPhone in one pocket, Leica in another and hanged our Canon DSLR around my neck. I looked like one crazy woman snapping photos of cherry blossom with all 3 gadgets. LOL!

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

Hanami @ Ueno Park 上野公園•花見

h&m sweater & necklace
libby & rose skirt
gingham hairband from tokyo
topshop backpack
jacket & shoes from local stores

15 comments:

  1. So lucky, I hope your trip to Japan was amazing <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful, I really want to see Japan during this time, so beautiful. You look wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect! love it the look, this shoes look so comfy, I want too :3

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a cute and comfy look! The cherry blossoms are so lovely and the pictures are stunning!! Great post!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice!! I like your jacket and shoes! You're so lucky that you got to experience that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look super cute and I love your outfit!
    So lucky to have witnessed the cherry blossoms at this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look Adorable!!! That jacket is perfection, and with awesome skirt and creepers shoes,
    great match ;)) Lovely photos, you seems really happy and full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't wait to see more photos of sakura!! love how your headband matches with your skirt <3

    toinfinitynbeyond13.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  9. "a mass of pinkness" oh my gosh that's perfect! I'm glad you captured the flowers beacause they all look so beauuuutiful! And man, those shoes are neat. Wish I could pull those off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your skirt honey. You look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice pictures and outfit!! Would you like to follow each other? Please let us know
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing outfit dear, I’m in love with the details !!!You look absolutely fabulous! Have a lovely day <3


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missing the hanami was probaly my only regret fater leavign Japan (since I wroked there during summer), so I'm really happy to see your photos! It is truly magical and I have to make sure I will go and see the cherry blossoms at least once in my life. :) You look lovely, I love the skirt and headband!

    ReplyDelete