Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Food I Cooked Lately

food i cooked lately
top row: baked salmon with fennel and tomatoes | baked quinoa pudding & salmon avocado sandwich | southwestern quinoa
bottom row: pumpkin curry with chickpeas | leftover quinoa with pomegranate | thai pesto prawns soba

Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter

Julie Powell learned to cook by cooking through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, first edition. It's something I wouldn't even attempt as that's way too challenging for me. I lack the discipline and conviction. I have saved Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon recipe in my KIV folder for 3 years and still nothing. Apparently, I thought the boeuf bourguignon will miraculously appear on my dining table if I kept the recipe long enough in my KIV folder. Haha.

Right now, I am cooking my way through pinterest that demands less commitment and conviction. I only pick the simple & doable ones that I think I may enjoy eating too. I am a very picky eater. I like my food to be cook a certain way and there is a long list of things that I don't eat. But I am getting better. In the past, I would pick out every single bits of garlic & onions out of my food sulkily, but now I will ingest them if they were thoroughly cooked through. That being said, I still wouldn't eat scallion (a.k.a spring onion/ green onion).

The reason I started cooking again is because I wanna eat better & healthier. And as I was browsing through the pinterest, I was blown away by the food photos taken by these food bloggers. The effort goes into styling their food was commendable. Usually, by the time dinner was ready, I would be so exhausted and hungry that all I wanted to do was eat. Nonetheless, I still gathered whatever little energy that was left in me to take one or two shots of my food with my iphone. So pardon my unimpressive food photos at their rawest.

13 comments:

  1. That all looks so delicious!! :) Now, I'm hungry... and sad, because I don't have food that looks so good. :(
    Would you come and we cook together? ;)

    Luv
    Ninon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I bet they were delicious too! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing, it must be soooo tasty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great idea - I really need to start eating better too. I should start looking through pinterest as well for recipes. All the ones you posted look amazingly delicious!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Apparently, I thought the boeuf bourguignon will miraculously appear on my dining table if I kept the recipe long enough in my KIV folder. Haha.'

    YES. THIS IS ME, I knew I couldn't be the only one who stores recipes for years and expect them to pop up on the table at some point

    ReplyDelete
  6. but your food look delishhhh <3

    toinfinitynbeyond13.blogspot.hk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious! You are amazing cook <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photos still look neat! But I know what you mean, life tends to get in the way a lot when it comes to food styling - like having to bring it with you, not having plates anymore and using plastic containers etc. :)

    ReplyDelete