Friday, May 24, 2013

Ribbons & Studs

Ribbons & Studs
Bloglovin | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

This outfit was inspired by the window display of Red Valentino. The mannequin was sporting a plain denim long sleeves shirt with a girly skirt and it immediately struck a chord. I have been trying to figure a way to wear this skirt without being too overly girly which is quite tough as the skirt is very very girly, the very accent that attracts me to the skirt!!! Even I can't put up with myself for being so contradicting & inconsistent. Hahaha!

I have been meaning to get a skull knuckle duster clutch ever since Alexander McQueen launched its very first. Since I didn't strike any lottery, I could only settle for something that is not McQueen. But it was proven to be quite a challenging task. It took me almost a year to find one that I really fancy and within my budget. I am so glad it wasn't an exact replica of the real McCoy too or should I say McQueen ;)

And (finally) why "Ribbons & Studs"??? The latter is obvious. If you take a closer look at the skirt, the pink stripes are actually pink satin ribbons sewn onto the organza tutu skirt. How clever of the designer. I would never thought of that!

Happy weekend!! :)

Ribbons & Studs

Ribbons & Studs

Ribbons & Studs

Ribbons & Studs

DIY studded denim vest. Zara silver heels.
Tutu skirt, studded skull knuckle duster clutch, & neon pink necklace from HK local stores.

24 comments:

  1. oh my, i love your skirt! it is beyond adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminds me a bit of how I wear my denim waistcoat over girly lacy/frilly dresses. I love the ribbon detail in particular

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are looking so pretty in that outfit.
    Love the denim vest and its studs.
    The clutch is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this lovely skirt!!!!! How pretty and girly! Thanks for sharing such a nice post!
    Have a happy time!

    Best wishes, Alexandra
    www.svetusvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really lovely and cute skirt!
    Lovely outfit!

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest skirt ever! perfect outfit!! i'd love it if you would check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin ? let me know on my blog
    Becca x

    www.prettystrangerz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, inspiration from a mannequin--clever you! I love the studs with the pretty ribbon skirt. It goes together so well, and I think the denim helps harmonize that. You're too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey dear!
    This is a really great look. I think it is my favorite one from this site, because it's not that strong and looks so summerly and "nice". I liked your cute style from the last year and this outfit reminds me of your old looks which were very cute and girly ;)

    Kisses
    Daria from www.cinnamon-star.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girly and edgy I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look is simply amazing! The balloon skirt is adorable, you're so... Wow! Your style leaves me speechless each and every single time! :)
    Love
    Ninon

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is CUTE! I love the denim vest <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute outfit as always dear :) i really like the skirt. for some reason it kind of reminds of a cupcake due to the texture and flow of it~ i really like how it looks :D

    Joyce @carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute look.. I love anything with studs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely outfit !!!!!! i like the girlish and the tuff combo

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you everyone for your lovely comments <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the combination of the frilly skirt and denim + edgy accessorries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute skirt!! So feminine :)

    http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cute light pink skirt matching with the chic demin ! ^-^ <3

    ReplyDelete