Thursday, September 13, 2012

Punk It!

Punk It!

Zara is currently selling a lot of studded jackets, shirts, denims etc. They are all so tempting!! Since I’ve quite a few denim apparels that I no longer wear anymore, I decided to “freshen” them up a bit and make them new again.

This studded denim vest used to be a short sleeves denim jacket. I cut off the sleeves and added a whole lot of studs to it. To be precise 98 studs. Not that I counted. I bought a pack of 100 and I was left with only 2 studs after I was done with the vest :)

All it cost was US$5 plus 1.5 hours. It’s definitely cheaper than buying a brand new piece. I’m planning to punk up my 10 year-old denim jacket too so I can wear it for the coming fall.

It has been ages since I wore this pair of Jeffrey Campbell Litas. It’s so comfortable! I may get one more pair.

While I was browsing around in Miu Miu, the SA immediately recognized that I was wearing a pair of JC ^^ Then she told me I.T. Hong Kong carries JC after she found out I got mine online. Of course, I am exhilarated! Not only I could try on the shoes, I don't have to "force" myself to my 2 pairs of shoes just to avoid the hefty shipping cost *HURRAY*

Another Miu Miu SA liked this faux leather rivets skirt so much that she nudged the SA who was attending to me to ask where I got my skirt. Hahaha. I think she was kinda disappointed when I told her that it was brandless & I got it early this year from an online store.

I was watching Sex and the City (tv series) for the nth times and was really digging Carrie's wild curly locks in the early seasons. So I ended up spending a lot of time curling my hair with curling tongs again.

But the weather was not cooperating with me. It started to rain cats & dogs the moment I stepped out of the house :( With the rain & heat, my curls straightened quite a bit by the time the rain stopped. Boohoo.

Punk It!

I'm trying out this new format for my blog. Frameless pictures and no collages. Which format do you prefer? The old version or this?

Punk It!

We also took some photos without the vest so the lipsticks print bodice (c/o motelrocks) could take the center stage for once as I was always wearing it under something sheer ;)

Punk It!


Trying to work the punk in me. Hahaha!


DIY studded denim vest. Bodice c/o motelrocks. Romwe.com skirt. Bershka arm cuff. H&M necklace. Jeffery Campbell exotic litas. Fox & cat rings from HK local stores.

39 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing look!!! Love it so much! The skirt, the vest, everything! And this curls look so awesome on you! Great job, darling!

    Victoria,
    'The Wind of Inspiration' blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing! Your style, shoes and look! Wonderful!!! :)
    http://littlegirlinbigfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love your way of going from dainty pastels to rock metal! :) You go punk it up! So cool and sexy! :)

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this style on you too!!! You did such an amazing job with the denim vest, the end result looks stunning. I really like your skirt too!!!

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The badass look suits you, I've never thought it would :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! I'm so used to seeing you look so girly and pretty but this edgy look really suits you too! Love the skirt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look really amazing, love everything on this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I walked into Zara just yesterday actually, and they surely are selling quite a few studded items. What a great diy item you've made, the jacket looks stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. it´s excellent style and new ideas every time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this punk rock look on you. That skirt is fantastic! I want one juuuust like it now.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is stunning. Love it from top to toe!!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
    Gladly follow you back!!!

    Lots of love,

    Nicoleta

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so lovely in that rock skirt!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That skirt and jacket <3
    Can't wait to have some money so I can buy some studs :)

    Lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for your sweet comment :b

    love your outfit

    xx
    http://brummelandme.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning, my frined
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool outfit!! =)
    wanna follow each other??
    -Amara-

    http://knowyoucanfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome skirt!
    http://www.sunshinecitizen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like this combo!! you are so beautiful :)

    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fact that you have customised the denim jacket. I would have never thought it was handmade. It looks great and very now. You must have been very patient to put all the 98 studs in!
    My favourite piece of this outfit remains the lipstick bodice! I have seen it in your previous posts and completely fell in love with it. Although I don't think I would be able to wear it as it is strapless and I'm quite reserved like that, I think it suits this look very well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your interpretation of rock style, so unique and feminine!
    That skirt looks so pretty on you!
    xxx

    S

    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your skirt is amazing !!! :) Your outfit is amazing also !!! HOT

    xoxo
    hypnotizingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love your outfit, that skirt it's amazing!!,
    I'm following you now :)
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your skirt,its amazing,super doll.

    Esh

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great look!

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. You look so pretty! Great!

    http://linde-lo.blogspot.com/
    Follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow love this punk look so much ! the skirt is just fab <3 ...would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. amazing skirt .! ;)

    kiss from Poland . ;*





    http://katarzyna-keiiti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great look!

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete