Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kowloon Tang

Kowloon Tang

The new chichi chinese restaurant at Civic Square in Elements Mall. We have been waiting for its opening for months as it kept postponing its opening day. Now we can have dimsum at Kowloon Tang when we are too lazy to queue at Maxim's Palace City Hall & when couldn't get a table at Lei Gardens. The latter is impossible to get in without a reservation :(

Btw, this is our first time having al fresco dim sum ^^ It's a nice experience. I love al fresco dining during colder months in Hong Kong.

Kowloon Tang

It has a fancy bar counter and serves up fancy cocktails. But cocktails with chinese food???? Even alcoholics like us find it a bit odd. Hahaha!

Oh!!! It has an extensive western dessert menu too! I still love the traditional chinese sweet soup (糖水). They only offer 2 choices of chinese desserts, chinese almond tea (杏仁茶) and osmanthus "cake" (桂花糕).

Kowloon Tang

Steamed crab meat dumplings. Super delicious. The skin is so soft, almost melts in your mouth kinda softness, and the filling is yummy and juicy.

Kowloon Tang

Xiao long bao but there is nothing small (小 xiao) about it. It's much bigger than a chinese soup spoon. One dumpling per order. I wanted to take a picture of it on the spoon but it was mission impossible for a klutz like me. It's quite impracticable to have such a big xiao long bao (in my humble opinion) as the soup in the dumpling tends to end up on the table rather than in your tummy.

Kowloon Tang

Steamed beef balls (poked and half-eaten). They are the best dim sum beef balls I have ever had!!! So soft and succulent! Super yummilicous!

Kowloon Tang

Steamed pork spare ribs with chinese black olives instead of the usual fermented black beans. They were tender and flavourful. I love chinese black olives. While I was savouring this, I couldn't help but to think of my favourite chinese black olive rice at Soup Restaurant in Singapore.

Kowloon Tang

Steamed bbq pork rice rolls (叉燒腸粉). Just like any good 叉燒腸粉 in Hong Kong. Come and think of it, I don't think I ever had any bad 叉燒腸粉 in Hong Kong before.

Overall we enjoyed the dim sum. Our only qualm was those nasty cigarette smoke from other patrons (if you eat outdoor). Though its dim sum menu is quite limited, the quality is good. I wish they will have steam carrot cake (蒸臘味蘿蔔糕) and steamed salted egg yolk custard buns (流沙奶皇包) in their menu. Heehee.

Address: R002-03, Elements Mall, Kowloon Station, Tsim Sha Tsui
Telephone: 2811-9398
Opening Time: 1200 - 2300 (2230 last order for food, bar area until the end)

5 comments:

  1. everything looks soo... sooo delicious!! but i wonder, do asian menus have something without red meat? I want to go to a traditional chinese restaurant, but I'm afraid that I cannot order something with chicken or veggie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xiao long bao and the steamed bbq pork rice rolls are my favourite, thank you for sharing these great food photographs. It makes me even more excited for Chinese New Year (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. adriana: no worry babe, u can definitely find chicken & veg in a chinese restaurant. chinese eats everything! heehee.

    eggtartbox: i still can't get over those apple turnovers that i saw on your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks your recommendation.
    looks good. I wanna try the tea time.
    I have visited there at late nite for drinking. The environment is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i tried their dinner menu, it was very good! but i didn't bring my camera that evening thus no blog post :P

      Delete