Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hairy Crab Part 2

This year, we had hairy crabs at North Garden Restaurant (北園酒家). In fact, we had a hard time making a booking 2 hours before dinner time. All the restaurants that served hairy crabs were fully booked! We tried calling at least 5 restaurants!!! *sweat*

北園


北園
Ginseng Silken Chicken Soup


北園
The leading lady of the night!
Hairy Crab 大閘蟹!


北園
Hub couldn't wait to devour his hairy crab! I wasn't as civilized, I ate without the gloves! Gotta lick my fingers mah! Heehee!


北園
Pan-seared foie gras with balsamic reduction served between a steam mantou (bun)


北園
Wagyu beef with wild mushrooms


北園
Dao Mui 豆苗 Pea Shoot


北園
北園
Complimentary fruits and sweet red bean soup


As usual, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. We had to doggy bag the wagyu beef and dao mui as we weren't even hungry to begin with! *Ahem* I eventually finished all the leftovers by myself over 2 dinners with some porridge *sweat*

North Garden Restaurant 北園酒家
1-3/F Hung Kei Mansion 5-8 Queen Victoria street, Central
Tel: 2526 3163

**Click here for part 1.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, OMG,,I must go grab a crab today! must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe i ate it at home...i should really post it soon...(lazy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband & I are the same way. I'll devour that crab like no one's watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallie: enjoy your crab :D

    Rita: looking forward to your post. i'm too lazy to cook them myself :P

    Luci: that is the only way to truly enjoy a crab! :D

    Indy: they were all delicious :)

    ReplyDelete