Thursday, September 8, 2011

DIY Bow (Ties) Brooches

I love bows!! I have tons bows lying around my wardrobe room. I have been collecting them for years… they are mainly bejeweled bow brooches and hairbands. I like to add them to my outfits from time to time.

Recently, I bought some ribbons from Pottinger Street. I made some bow (ties) brooches and saved the rest to use as ribbon ties.

Bows

Bows

ASOS.com sells something similar for GBP8 (HKD100 see below)!!! The one I made cost only HKD10 and still had enough spare ribbon to make a small bow ^^ Btw, the ends of the bow will droop a little when worn due to gravity.

ASOS.com
credit: asos.com


Bows

Behind these bows are just an ordinary safety pin. These safety pins are removable & you can slide a bobby pin to use them as hair accessories. But I don't think I will do that as I'm too old to have bows in my hair T T

Bows

This deep red velvet ribbon was my first DIY bow brooch. ASOS.com also have a similar one for GBP6 (see below)! I made it on Saturday night and wore it on Sunday!!! LOL!

ASOS.com
credit: asos.com

I'll probably make another one just like the one selling on ASOS.com! I still have spare deep red velvet ribbon ;)

Hub helped me took lotsa of outfit photos on Sunday but I have yet to post them. Kinda not in the mood to do an outfit post these couple of days. Did I hear "HURRAY"??? :(

6 comments:

  1. Love your diy bows!!! Inspiring post <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out that I don't follow your blog, but I really thought that I do, cause I follow you on chictopia..wierd:)
    So I follow now, dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worry babe and thank you for following ♥ your DIY fashion pieces are truly inspirational! i hope i can make something of bigger scale if i ever get a sewing machine ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like DIY bow tie! I have one too:)

    Hurry up, I want to see how will you style them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh your blog is a complete dream xxx such marvelous imagery I simply adore the little bow ties...such a marvelous diy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hallie: soon soon… i'm just being my lazy ass self lately :P

    karin: thank you <3

    ReplyDelete