Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tyhoon No.3

Typhoon no. 3 has been going on the entire day! Not complaining since I was indoor most of the day. My poor girl friend from Singapore was running out & about in HK the whole day visiting clients!! All drenched and beaten by the wind & rain. She is a tough gal, still could Whatsapp me from time to time. I wouldn't say the same about my basil plant. The plant loves to be watered and but not its leaves. After out in the rain the entire day, 2 dozens leaves turned BLACK!!! Sob! Sob! Sob! So I brought it into the house. It looks quite pathetic now after I plucked away the blacken leaves :(

Life goes on despite plant woes… it's a perfect weather for pipping hot porridge! I love porridge!

Dinner
柴魚咸肉粥
Dried Skipjack Tuna and Salted Lean Pork Porridge


Ingredients:
1 pc lean pork
2 pcs 柴魚
5 dried scallops
8 dried oysters
1 cup rice, rinsed
3 - 3.5L water

■ Rub the lean pork with lotsa sea salt and leave it for at least 2 hours.
■ Wash & soak 柴魚 for an hour. Shred with bare hands into small strips and remove any bones. Reserve the water.
■ Wash & soak dried scallops for an hour. Shred into small pieces and reserve the water.
■ Wash & pad dry the dried oysters. Blitz in a food processor into fine bits.
■ Add all ingredients and reserved water in a big pot and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, simmer at low fire and stirring occasionally for 2 hours.
■ Taste and decide if you need more salt. Serve hot and enjoy!!

Dinner

What supposed to be a healthy dinner soon turned into a sinful feast!

Dinner

Hub brought back a large box of teochew-style braised innards!!! In that box, there were duck tongues, goose intestines, pig intestines and goose kidney. They may be gross to some people but I love them :D

2 comments:

  1. Lol....I used to like the last combo food, duck tongues, goose intestines, pig intestines and goose kidney....now because hard to find them here and my hubby and baby are vegetarian, so now I rarely eat them...

    But only by looking at the picture, making me 流口水 here....

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope i am not tempting u too much :D

    ReplyDelete