Saturday, June 11, 2011

Marriott High Tea

It never rains but it pours. Literally. But only for an hour.

This afternoon, we went for high tea at Marriott Hotel because Hub wanted to eat their smoked salmons!! All whopping 4 kinds of smoked salmon.

But I didn't take photo of the smoked salmon. Neither did I take photos of buffalo wings, grilled T-bone steaks, deep-fried wantons etc etc. Told ya. I am not a food blogger.

So what did I take?

Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Mee Tai Mak Soup!!!
(aka mouse noodles 老鼠粉)

I couldn't believe they served mee tai mak soup at high tea! Basically, you just have to pick all the ingredients and the cook at the noodles station will then cook for you. You can have it either dry or in soup. I haven't had mee tai mak soup for more than 3 years now. I remember when I was younger, whenever I was sick, Mum would buy back mee tai mak fishball soup for me if she didn't have time to cook chicken macaroni soup or porridge.

Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Steamed Clams in Sake

This is new on their buffet table too!! These clams were huge, plump & sweet! YUM!!

Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Prosciutto with Cantaloupe

Whoever came up with this idea of pairing prosciutto with cantaloupe is a genius!! Can never have enough of this! Too bad my clothes were too binding today :S

Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Strawberry Macarons

Errrr… not nice. They were too dry! I haven't been very lucky with macarons lately. Even the one I paid HK$20 per piece sux!! The latter was too wet! Think they under baked the macarons :/

Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Napoleon


Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Haagen Dazs Strawberry Ice Cream
I was waiting for the ice cream to soften a little before I dig in. But Hub decided to take matter in his own hands….


Hi-Tea @ Marriott
He squeezed the cup with his bare hands! LOL!!!


Hi-Tea @ Marriott
Tour de Triomphe
I only ate 1. Hub ate 3!!!


Hi-Tea @ Marriott

Hub said I was very red! Chinese New Year RED!!! HAHAHA!

I was so full that the buttons threatened to fly!! And on our way out, I realized I TOTALLY MISSED THE DIM SUM STATION!!! *slap forehead*

No comments:

Post a Comment