Monday, May 23, 2011

Din Tai Fung

After thrashing Din Tai Fung at Westfield Food Court Sydney in my early post, I decided to do the REAL Din Tai Fung some justice.

When we were living in Singapore, we frequent Din Tai Fung a lot. Thus, we were thrilled to know that there is a Din Tai Fung near where we live in Hong Kong. Their quality of food in Singapore and Hong Kong are very much on par. I couldn't really taste the different. I have yet to try the one in Taipei where this famous food chain is originated. We were actually at the shop in Taipei but was told that we had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes!!!!! As much as I love food, I just don't have such patience and dedication to queue more than half hour for my favourite food.

Coupled with my delighted experiences with Din Tai Fung in Singapore and Hong Kong, it is of course only natural for me to assume that the quality and standard of their food in Sydney should be just as good, even if it was at a food court. It's still sold under the famous brand name of Din Tai Fung. It turned out to be a utter dismay. I wonder where is the QC? Won't Din Tai Fung be worried that their good brand name may be tarnished by this little black sheep. Tsk tsk.

Okay. Justice.

Din Tai Fung at the Tsim Sha Tsui outlet was awarded 1 Michelin's star not too long ago. I think they deserved the star as the food is good and so is their service. We are their loyal customers since we uprooted to Hong Kong 3 years ago. The quality of the food is always consistently good.

Din Tai Fung @ HK, TST
Xiao Long Bao

Din Tai Fung @ HK, TST
Look at the amount of soup in the dumpling!

Din Tai Fung @ HK, TST
Noodles in Spicy Braised Beef Brisket Broth (this is the beef-less version)

Din Tai Fung @ HK, TST
Stir-fry Spinach

Din Tai Fung @ HK, TST
Yam Paste Sago Dessert


I love their yam (taro) paste xiao long bao but Hub wanted to try something new this week. I couldn't see myself stuffing all 6 yam (taro) paste xiao long bao after all the food I had no matter how much I love them. Another of my favourite at Din Tai Fung is their drunken chicken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment