Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring/Summer 2011

Japan Spring~Summer'11


Seems like the trend in Japan for this spring & summer is 1950s retro. Ultra feminine and colorful. Every models looked like they've just stepped out Pleasantville. Little cardigans, hairbands and girly flocks.

As pretty as they may seem on the magazine spreads (don't get me wrong, I love them all), I just don't think I can pull off such trend. Maybe it's my face. My age. Or my self-consciousness.

Another trend I observed is socks with heels, platforms, wedges & pumps. See inserts 2, 3, 4 & 5. Socks is BIG & it's EVERYWHERE! Another trend that I don't think I can pull off. Blame it on my short, stubby legs and potatoes knees.

Last but not least, animal prints. My ultimate fashion nemesis. Even when they are as small as a scarf or a pair of shoes, I just look super off in them. I probably lack the animalistic genes. For those who adore animal prints, rejoice! Animal print shoes are still IN this seasons (see insert 8).

So what is my style? What trend I am comfortable with? And what I think suit me most?

Answer: Insert 10!

Not overly girly nor feminine but with a dollop of quirkiness ;)


Credit: Images were from ViVi magazine May 2011 issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment