Friday, April 22, 2011

Matcha Madeleines

Madeleine pans aren't cheap hence must utilize them more often :P The problem with madeleines is they have to be eaten fresh. Though technically they can be kept for up to 2 days, they won't taste as good even just after a couple of hours. Thus, I tried to plan madeleine treats around weekends or public holidays. Thank God that the madeleine dough has to be chilled overnight (or at least 3 hours) and that gives me ample of time to prepare ahead.

Matcha Madeleines


Another thing with madeleines is that they stick to the pan like crazy! Buttering the pans is not suffice. Must always dust the buttered pans lightly with flour. I was pushing my luck today, of course Murphy's law prevailed. I had hard time prying these green babies out of their cavities - 3 got away unscathed while the other 3 suffered mild injuries :(

Nevermind, they all looked the same once ingested. I consoled myself.

Matcha Madeleines
Green Tea Madeleines


Both Hub & I prefer these to the chocolate & lemon madeleines. They turned out really light and fluffy. Perfect for a late afternoon snack. Sipping freshly brewed green tea with fresh-out-of-oven homemade madeleines… Mmmmmmm… Bliss.

Matcha Madeleines
Matcha Madeleines

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm matcha. Love the idea, will give that a try soon

    ReplyDelete