Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse

Chicken cacciatore requires 2 tablespoons of mascarpone but there is no way I can buy just 2 tablespoons of mascarpone. So I was left with a 8oz tub minus 2 tablespoons of mascarpone.

Mascarpone isn't cheap. A 8oz tub costs about HK$60++ and it's not good to waste food. There are people in third world countries who have nothing to eat!

Thus I turned this tubful of leftover goodness to a chocolatey treat.

Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse with Banana
Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse with Banana


I was supposed to serve these with whipped cream and more chopped banana. But I used up all the cream and banana to make these cuppies :X

There are sliced banana layered at the bottom of each cup. I am not a fan of banana as a fruit but I like them when they are baked or when they are accessories to some yummy cold chilled chocolate desserts. Chocolate and banana are BFF… they compliment each other so well.


Random:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies
Oatmeal Chocolate Chips Cookies


These cookies and banana bread (not in picture) are current staples in our house :)

1 comment:

  1. You lost me at banana. I hate bananas, evil things!

    ReplyDelete