Friday, March 11, 2011

I♡Cupcakes

I love cupcakes not because I love eating them. I love them because they are so pretty!! I can see you rolling your eyes now.

As I idly browsing thru' my Flog-roll, I couldn't help but to marvel at the lovely & delicate cupcakes baked by these talented food bloggers. They are nothing like those I clumsily put together. Theirs are so P E R F E C T ! so B E A U T I F U L ! The styling, the photographs... just like those from the cookbooks! WOW!

Suddenly, I was very inspired! A sudden urge to bake cupcakes!! Like an addict searching for her fix, I foraged thru recipes after recipes, in search of THE ONE that sounded delish, looked perfect and most importantly using only ingredients that could be found in my fridge & larder.

CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING!


PURRRRFECT!


After an hour of measuring, whisking, blending & baking in my matchbox-size kitchen, this was the result:
Chocolate Cupcakes


Umm. They really didn't look appealing, did they??? After several baking disasters, I am a beet beet wiser now. Better taste first before frosting. If the cake tasted bad, why bother to frost at all right?

But our taste test went a little overboard. Before realizing it, Hub & I gobbled up half the bakes! HAHAHA!

So the question to self was - to frost or not to frost the 6 remaining survivors. Mmmmm....

After much deliberation, tv & surfing, I headed back to my kitchen, and started whipping up the frosting. I just can't have another fugly cupcakes in my book of shame!

Chop. Weigh. Whisk. Smear.


Threw in some hearts & pearls for good luck!



Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting


How did I flare?

Need to work on my food styling and photography that are both non-existent now.

Ciao! Happy weekend!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yippee! I spy my cake liners <3
    I still think yumminess precedes prettiness. That's why your un-made up cuppies were half gone before you could frost! Lol. That's also the reason why I don't really feel like making fondant cakes. Really pretty but just too sweet. Even for me!

    ReplyDelete