Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner

Valentine's Day shall also be known as a day to be refused by restaurants. Every year, we were turned away by restaurants because we didn't have a dinner reservation. And year after years, we never grow any wiser.

After being rejected by 2 restaurants & a bar, I was not in a mood to celebrate anymore. We eventually settled for Yamashiro, a newly opened Japanese restaurant at Elements. You would think no one would celebrate Valentine's day at a Japanese restaurant (at least I did). Wrong! All the tables were taken and left with only 4 available seats at the sushi counter which were very quickly filled, even before our drinks were served.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining since I love Japanese food. I hate being turned away by restaurants though... especially by restaurants that don't do so well everyday other than Valentine's day.

This is our 3rd trips to Yamashiro since its opening in December 2010. The food & service is generally good.

Here is the Valentine's day set, the one and only set. Of course you could opt for a-la-carte but we were too tired and hungry to study the menu hence we settled for the set very quickly. We were presented with roses and complimentary champagne, a nice touch.
V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro


We were seated right in front of the lively whelks, that screamed "EAT ME! EAT ME!" So we did! An additional order of whelk sashimi :)
V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Lobster tail salad with salmon roe ♡♡♡


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Sashimi Moriwase ♡♡♡


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Whelk sashimi ♡♡♡


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Grilled salmon with uni & salmon roe ♡♡♡
Normally, I hate cooked salmon as they are usually terribly fishy! But this was surprisingly tasty with not a tinge of fishiness.


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Beef steak & foie gras topped with caviar ♡♡
I enjoyed the foie gras and the caviar but not so much of the beef as I had too much beef the last couple of days! I probably had eaten the entire cow *faint*


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro

V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Sushi moriwase ♡♡
All the fish & shellfish were very fresh but I wish they had replaced salmon & normal tuna with something more special since it's Valentine's day. And we already had salmon & normal tuna in our sashimi course.


V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro

V-Day Dinner @ Yamashiro
Desserts platter ♡
I have to clarify a little for giving it only one miserable ♡. First, I don't have a sweet tooth. Second, I was stuffed to my eyeballs! But I did enjoy the raspberry mousse drenched with delicious raspberry sauce.


We left the restaurant feeling satisfied and VFF. VFF is a term that Hub came up with when we were dating and it stands for Very F*ing Full! *LOL*

Good night everyone & I hope you had enjoyed your Valentine's day

No comments:

Post a Comment