Monday, June 7, 2010

No Word!

My iPhone WORD kaki is off to Nihon Land for honeymoon. No one plays WORD with me *sob sob* It has only been 2 days and I am having serious withdrawal now *shove a spoonful of Häagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream into my mouth* It has turned into our habitual daily routine to form word out of the 7 lettered tiles ever since she jioed me to join the WORD game a month ago.

What better way to forget about withdrawal than a tub of ice cold yummilicous creamy pink sweetness in a Häagen-Dazs tub.

Think by the time she is back from her Japonais honeymoon, I could probably disguise myself as a Japonais black pig *shove another spoonful of Häagen-Daz strawberry ice cream into my mouth*

To pay tribute to her Japan Honeymoon....


Saba Shioyaki! Grilled Japanese Mackeral.

It's really simple to make this. Marinate the mackerel fillet with sea salt. You can do this way before hand. When you are ready to devour it, heat up your griddle pan. Sprinkle some sea salt on the mackerel and coat it with a thin layer of oil. Grill it on the hot griddle pan skin side down. Turn over after 5-7 min, depending on the thickness of your fillet. The skin should be crisp & golden brown. Cook for another 2 min. Serve with lemon wedges, grated daikon & light soy sauce. Fabulous alone or with steam rice.

I didn't buy daikon as I felt kinda silly to buy a huge daikon for only a tablespoon of grated daikon. Will do so next time when I have the mood to make oden.

Shove yet another spoonful of Häagen-Daz strawberry ice cream into my mouth.

2 days down and 5 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment