Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cookies!

After umpteen failures,
THICK CHEWY COOKIES AT LAST!!!
:)))




I was sooooooo excited when the cookies didn't spread to thin, miserable, ugly pieces of craps. It has been a long journey... 2 weeks of continuous failures. I almost wanted to give up :( I used to think cookies are the easiest to bake, but now I beg to differ.

These cookies aren't perfect yet. I felt that they are a teeny weeny bit dry. I may have overbaked them a little. And I wish they were a little more chewy & they can do with a little more salt. Yes, salt. Salt will bring out the taste of chocolate chip cookies even more and it gotta be so subtle that one may not realize there is salt in them.

Here is my tweaked version of the recipe, and hopefully the final products would be perfectos:
56 grams unsalted butter, softened

6 tablespoons white sugar

5 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 large egg

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup chocolate chunks or chips


I have substituted a tablespoon of light brown sugar with soft dark brown sugar. And I also increased the salt & vanilla extract.

I pray hard that it will work well.

You can find the original recipe at my recipes blog or the original source, http://erincooks.com/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment