Tuesday, September 8, 2009

20s Girl


Sophie Kinsella redeems herself from her blah & bland Remember Me with her latest Twenties Girl. It's witty, funny, hilarious and yet touching. I could not put down the book.

Her most memorable books gotta be The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (a.k.a. The Confession of a Shopaholic), Can You Keep a Secret and Twenties Girl.

The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic got me hooked on her entire Shopaholic series. Whenever her new book hits the store, I've gotta get it.

Sophie Kinsella's writing is so witty and funny. You can't deny that Brits have the best sense of humor. She is the one who got me started on chic lit. I have read tons by various authors since The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic. I read The Devil Wears Prada years before it was made into a movie.

What drawn me to buy Sophie Kinsella's first book was its TITLE!! HAHAHA! Btw, she also wrote other books before her successful Shopaholic series but under a different name - Madeleine Wickham. I have not read any of those books though :p

If you like Sophie Kinsella, you would probably enjoy Sarah Mason too. I stumbled on her book by chance at a second-hand bookstore that rents out novels. Playing James, The Party Season and High Society are all engaging, funny and good.

Chic lit rules :)))



p/s: I didn't enjoy Confession of a Shopaholic movie as it's deviated too much from its original story. The movie wasn't even half as funny as its book. Such a letdown for a highly anticipated movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment