Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bak Chor Mee

I have this incessant craving for Bak Chor Mee Pok (minced pork noodles; mee pok is a type of chinese flat noodles). I wish someone could share with me the secret recipe for the Bak Chor Mee sauce, the soul of this teochew origin fare. I love it with lotsa chilli and lotsa black vinegar *salivating* I enjoy it even more when cooks throw in a generous amount of crispy fried sole (bian3 yu2) and not forgetting to sneak in the-ever-so-unhealthily-evil crispy fried pork lard :p

I have a difficult time finding mee pok in the supermarkets in HK. In fact, fresh noodles of any kind are hard to find in HK, except egg noodles ("wanton mee" noodles) and udon. Maybe, I have been shopping at the wrong supermarkets. Tsk tsk.

For those who don't know what is Bak Chor Mee, here is a photo for u. Please pardon the "dirty" bowl :p

Bak Chor Mee
Puay Heng Bak Chor Mee
Far East Square (beside Hock Lam Beef Noodles)

P/S: Do the food bloggers clean the bowl before they snap snap snap? Their bowls/ plates are always so clean! *scratch head*

1 comment:

  1. Hi babe, I was also craving for Bak Chor Mee previously (Am a Singaporean living in HK!) and I brought Mee Pok from shops selling all kinda noodles in those local wet market. I guess you can't find them in supermarket.

    ReplyDelete